30 October 2012

15 Days to London: Greetings Time



It always happens. The awkward moment when I have to say goodbye. It means there will be a change and something will happen soon.

Yes, I'm leaving: I don't know how long I'll be away, maybe a year, maybe forever. Anyway, I'll be far away for a long time and I'll probably miss every thing and every person of my previous life, but I have and I want to go. There will be a rift and after it nobody knows what can happen. I don't know and I'm afraid, but I'll do my best.

Saying goodbye is for sure the last step before leaving, but usually is the first I think about. Leaving people with whom you spent most of your life is not easy. How to survive it? I prefer to avoid sad situations, but I have to face them. Tell someone that I'll leave, grab some money and assure him we'll keep in touch is pretty simple. The hardest part of this ritual is to say goodbye to old relatives. Uncertainty, anxiety, emotion and a mix of different sensations usually block me. Only reading happiness in their faces rewards me, but I truly hope to see them again.

So, goodbye. But not now, just in 15 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment