31 October 2012

14 Days to London: Raining


Rainy day. Rain coming down all day long, non-stop. In the common sense, it's a perfect London day. But I've never been afraid of bad weather. So, let's go out.

I woke up late, failing all my daily plans. I had many things to do before leaving, but I just quit them. So, my day started with disappointment: I wasn't able to respect what I planned to do. It has always happened, but now my days in Italy are very few.

So, I went out just wearing my coat and bringing an umbrella with me. I didn't need anything else, expect for a book in my pocket. People angry and annoyed everywhere. Why should you be angry about bad weather?  You can't do anything to change it, just live and be in peace with yourself. Open your umbrella and go wherever you have to, but please stop complain about it.

I felt so in peace with myself that I called my barber and asked him if he could cut all my hair off. He said yes: I was the happiest guy in that bus stop under the rain. I took two crowded buses with all my patience, and finally I got there. And I shaved my head. That beautiful sensation of not caring any more about my hair. Another step towards greater comfort and, obviously, towards London.

Then, I went back home. I changed my wet clothes and I went swimming. From the water to the water: no pain, just relaxing sensations. Being in the pool always give me back my forces. The best conclusion for a tiring and rainy day. Or not.

It's the Halloween night, but I don't care. Saving money is my first principle now. So, feeling a little bad with a starting cold I just went bed. Good night to ghosts and monsters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment