6 November 2012

8 Days to London: CV Day & Friends




CVs and UK: mistake. Someone told me that my European standard CV wasn’t suitable for United Kingdom.  That was really a bad news. So, I had to write afresh a new curriculum. I goggled to collect as more information as I could about this new standard but I didn’t find anything really official. Finding common aspects among different models, I started it. But, it wasn't so easy as I thought it was.  At the top of the blank page I just wrote: “Curriculum Vitae”, than a guide that I downloaded showed me that I shouldn't  So, I just wrote my name. And after e-mail address and my Italian cell phone number. Now, the trouble started. 


Too much space to fill in. CVs for UK should have “Key Skills” and “Profile” sections. I really didn't know what to write in. Every guide I read proposed to use an original template: it was already hard to outline it that I was almost to give it up. But I resisted and I just decided to fill as better I could this blank page: after it I’ll take care of the rest. That part of the work was very funny: finding right sentences, associating words  and summarising information. In my opinion, I did a good work. Changes will be put tomorrow: I believe a new mind will fix any problems.

Friends night. I stood up from the chair and got dressed: it was time to go out and met all my Krav Maga friends. That was an amazing dinner and night: it always very pleasant to know people that before were just training partners.  I’ve always loved this kind of way to stay together. And as always it ended very late: travel talking usually last very long. Every word, suggest, idea I received enrich me. 

Now, I’m even more enthusiastic to start this trip. Of course, there will be difficulties but I kwon I can overcome them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment