23 November 2012

Day 10: Room... Coffee... Job!


It's a lot of time I don't write here. I had plenty of things to do and time is very short. In these days, I visited at least ten different rooms, I applied for some jobs, I dropped plenty of my CVs in the streets and more other things. Very tiring days passed in a kind of fast motion: I usually run from a place to another one, so I have just a little spare time and I prefer to spend it with the friends I met in hostel and have a beer with them every evening.

I visited many kinds of rooms and I met many strange people. Two of them were truly dirty: the space outside the door was full of garbage and inside the situation was ever worst. Others were family house, so I would have my single room, but I had to share the house with a family with children: I felt uncomfortable since I got inside. Finally, in other cases, landlords wanted particular kind of tenant, like a vegetarian one or an early night sleeper. Mankind can be really surprising. Anyway, maybe I found a room that I really like and I even went out to have a beer with the current tenants. Next week I'll be able to say more on that. 

These days were almost sunny. Wednesday was a strong windy day and Thursday evening there was a heavy shower until the next morning. Anyway, it is very pleasant to be outside and walk: cold isn't yet so strong. 

I started drinking coffee even here. In London, there is a very famous chain called Caffe' Nero that serves one of the best espresso I've ever had abroad. It's a little expensive (1,45£, about 1,80€) but it's worth it. And this company has also a loyalty card: after nine paid coffees you get one for free! I tasted even some other espresso at Starbucks, Costa and Coffee Republic but Caffe' Nero is really the best one. 

Now I have to go... see you soon in the next post. :)

2 comments:

  1. Non sapevo della tua avventura in inghilterra,
    nice try!
    i'll follow you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie...
    Non scriverò tutti i giorni, ma se mi seguirai comunque avrai un'idea della mia vita qui :)

    ReplyDelete