27 November 2012

Day 14: A Strange Idea of Family (Zara & Leon)


Job interviews day. I had two different job interviews scheduled for today. The first one at Zara in 120 Regent Street, at 11.30 am for a group one. The second one at Leon Restaurant, a healthy fast food chain pretty famous in London, at 3pm in a place close to London Brigde tube station. A strange day with a funny epilogue. 

Zara time. I got there earlier than 11.30 am: punctuality in London very very important. The recruiter was an young Italian gay guy that spoke a good English but sometimes he found difficulty in finding the right word for the speech. For me, it was really easy because my Italian friend Eleonora the day before explained me her job interview step-by-step, so I knew before others the right answers to all questions. Indeed, I fully studied the company website, so I was the one who answered all questions about that. Preparation is better than luck. The interview lasted almost a hour: in my opinion, I did a great job. In fact, around 5pm the recruiter phoned me back to offer me the position of Stockroom Assistant and giving me the opportunity for a face-to-face interview tomorrow at Zara in Oxford Street. Just one last step, I can't wait for tomorrow. 

Funny family idea. At 3 pm I went to the job interview in Leon. The welcome wasn't one of the best because in the recruitment centre there were other twenty people, packed in a small and too warm room. It was a really strange group interview because all candidates had to play games (like quibbles, brainstorming, Jenga) while being watched by recruiters to show their proper skills for the job. A funny way to look for employees. The best part was to discover how the restaurant ran. Leon is considerate a real family so employees have to call managers' restaurants DAD and MOM. Hi Dad, hi Mom! The managers' chief was the UNCLE and Leon's boss was the GRANDFATHER. I'd never thought there could be another different idea of family. For me, it was too much, so I left the job interview, I couldn't handle that. 

My second family. It's really amazing to find different ways of family around the world. I found one here in hostel. Some other wonderful Italian guys with whom share time, meals and days. Beers, chocolate pralines and cakes: we can't wish for better. I think I'll miss this hostel life and this way of family. 

1 comment:

  1. Che bello, leggo e sorrido immaginando tutto ciĆ² che scrivi. In bocca al lupo per il lavoro, tienici aggiornati!! :)) ti abbraccio

    ReplyDelete