28 November 2012

Day 15: I've got a job..



Second job interview. Today, at 11.30 am I went to the store in 333 Oxford street (close to Bond Street Tube Station) for the second job interview, in the same store where I'll work if I'm hired. Great preparation and great anxiety. The song "Hall of Fame" and the Al Pacino's motivational speech of the film "Any Given Sunday" gave me the power I needed.

Italians everywhere. I arrived early at the store, trying to find out information about that place: almost all people I asked where Italians, included the recruiter for the interview. But, as usual, we had to speak English. The interview was quick: after brief introduction of myself and of my CV, she started asking questions and explaining me the position I'll take if I'm successful. It was pretty easy, except for a question: "what's your weakness?". But I tried to give a positive idea of it, and it worked.. Anyway, if I was successful I would receive a call directly from the Zara Recruitment Centre in 120 Regent Street.

And it happened. On the way back to the hostel, I avoided taking the tube and I preferred the bus to be always reachable. At 4.30 pm the call came. I'm hired as a stockroom assistant: I will work 16 hours a week with two shifts of 8 hours on Wednesday and Saturday from midnight to 8 am. And due I will be working at night, Zara will pay me double. It means: working for 16 hours and being paid for 32! Perfect! On Monday I will sign the contract! I can't wait!

2 comments: