16 November 2012

Day 3: Small single or large double room?




Finding a room abroad it's always a problem. Or can be an opportunity to discover new styles of life. Living in London offers a new everyday discovery. Anyway, to really enjoy the city (and to save money of public transportation) is important to stay within the zones 2 or 3. That's the problem. Room rents are pretty high, so the main question is: should I prefer a small single or a large shared double room for the same price?

Today I visited few of them both. Some small single rooms were very small like box rooms with a bed put in a closet large less the two meters, while some others missed basic stuff washing machine or internet connection. The large double rooms that I visited where spacious and comfortable with all modern cons, but I was not sure about sharing with someone else. Prices and zones are almost the same, so it's just a question of way of life. I'm still doubtful and maybe tomorrow I'll take a decision by visiting some other rooms.

Breakfast in hostel is always a great experience. Even though the quality is sometimes poor, the opportunity of talking with people from every part of the world is unbelievable. Today I met a Finnish girl and an Aussie woman. It's always nice to have a different point of view about the city, about what was going on in the world and even about own lives. In particular, the woman told me that I should act and live differently, not just following common ways of live and work, but trying to create my own one. And she gave me some good ideas. That's one of the reasons why I prefer to stay in hostel than in hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment