14 November 2012

Day 1: Hostel & O2


I'm here. I arrived at Gatwick Airport around 9 am. The flight was pleasant with a save landing and luckily no one claps the hands to the pilot. It was a cold but sunny day. Thanks to my elettronic passport, I jumped all the long queue to allow you to get inside UK and London. I could decide the way to get to the city between train and bus, and I chose the last one. In fact, I decided to feel immediately the sensation of driving in the wrong way: it was pretty short because I felt asleep as I got in and woke up just ten minutes before arriving. Then I arrived at Victoria Station and I needed to carry up and down all the stairs my two luggage. Remember me next time not to bring them any more, but just bags I can load on my shoulders.

I arrived sweating at my hostel. It was pretty easy to find. The 28-bed-room was conformable and not so full of people. I looked my important stuff, left my two heavy luggage and then I went out. At the beginning, I felt some strange sensations: I thought I still was in Rome, but just people, buildings and streets were different. For few minutes, I kept asking myself what I was doing here, then I just enjoyed the day. 

Look right, look left. Before crossing the streets, here it is necessary to look before at the own right then at the own left. My first times were really risky, but I was lucky because were anyway far. Then I slowly learn to handle it, even because as I put a feet on the street cars would immediaely stop. I took a long walk avoiding to spend money for the undergound and I really enjoyed it, even if I got lost several times. The neighbourhood (West Hampstead) was sorrounded of beautiful shops, cheap grocieres stores and especially KFC fastfoods. They are at every corner and even if I don't like it, I know I'm gonna try it. But not now, because I'm trying not to spend so much money by eating in the restaurants.

New mobile number. At the end, I finally reach the reason of my walking: the O2 shop. And there I bought a prepaid sim card, like in the CSI films. You don't need to registrate, nor to leave your I.D. or signature. You just pay and get a new phone number. So, now I can be a serial killer. Then, I walked back to the hostel. My day is over, I can hard spell correclty out my words. Good night! :)


2 comments:

  1. Reading your post, I'm feeling excited for you!!
    WELCOME TO LONDON DEAR!!
    I can see the streets, the shops,the city; I can feel the "cold but sunny day", I can feel also the "strange sensation".
    I'M VERY, VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
    Kisses!
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, thanks for commenting it in English! :)
    Then, thanks for what you wrote! :D
    See you soon in this wonderful city!

    ReplyDelete